When she unpacked the glove: “It’s the Earth! It’s the Earth!”
We’re back from our trip and I am finding it difficult to get back into things with the blogging. But here’s what you can expect soon:
- I’m preparing an update on our second Riot month (December 2008), so that might get me started. DONE.
- We’ve been doing more drawing, so of course I’ll report on that. DONE.
- I’ll also put up some pictures of our adventures in NY City and Washington DC: they involve lots of drawing, dinosaurs and a fearful run-in with the Big Bang.
- Thanks to a reader of this blog, I will be able update my “green diaper” product reviews with new information on Nature Baby Care.
- And I owe you pictures of our Homemade Christmas, which turned out smaller than we had planned but was a success anyway and a good way to get a tradition started.
- We’ve almost completed the construction of our haybox cooker. IÂ want to try it out before I report back on that.
- We’re wooing a friend to come stay with us as a semi-permanent house guest. I’m so excited about our co-housing experiment!
- In the meantime I’m still waiting for news about the novel from the agent. What a drag to have to wait so long… I feel at a loss about my future and this totally squashes my inspiration to work on it or on its sequel. I have some short stories brewing, though, and maybe even a poem or two. I just need a couple of hours without having to clean or dig out the gutters…
- The seeds should be arriving soon and if Skippy’s Vegetable Garden planting schedule is any indication, we’d better start working on that, so expect some reports on the installation of a seed growing bank in our basement. DONE
- I have some thoughts/feelings about how to deal with Climate Change/Peak Oil/Economic Depression despair and conversations with “unconverted” friends. That will make a more philosophical discussion: one that I often indulge in these days, before the flurry of practical action has to set in.
That’s quite a list…