- Northern Cardinal (male and female)
- Blue Jay
- American Robin (male and female – one sitting on her nest in our carport)
- Hummingbird (probably the Ruby-throated hummingbird, not because I identified it as such, but because my books tells me it’s the only one that visits Mass. in summer, and it was green)
- Yellow-throated Vireo (in the photo), or might this be the Yellow Warbler?
- Pileated Woodpecker (it’s big!)
… And many others I won’t even attempt to identify. I was especially thrilled to see the hummingbird. I wasn’t sure they hung out in our neighborhood.
- Squirrels and chipmunks
- Lots of dogs of all sorts
- Insects of all kind
There are also supposed to be wild turkeys, deer and rabbits and – while we’re on the topic of veggie-eating varmints – woodchucks.