- Northern Cardinal (male and female)
- Blue Jay
- American Robin (male and female – one sitting on her nest in our carport)
- Hummingbird (probably the Ruby-throated hummingbird, not because I identified it as such, but because my books tells me it’s the only one that visits Mass. in summer, and it was green)
- Yellow-throated Vireo (in the photo), or might this be the Yellow Warbler?
- Pileated Woodpecker (it’s big!)
… And many others I won’t even attempt to identify. I was especially thrilled to see the hummingbird. I wasn’t sure they hung out in our neighborhood.
- Squirrels and chipmunks
- Lots of dogs of all sorts
- Insects of all kind
There are also supposed to be wild turkeys, deer and rabbits and – while we’re on the topic of veggie-eating varmints – woodchucks.
I just want to say that I really, really, really love your blog. I was checking out your articles on eco-friendly diapers with my partner and it really helped us out with the whole thing (we settled on gDiapers long ago but couldn’t tolerate the leaks any longer). Keep it up, girl!
Leave a comment