Next year I want would like:
- a second colony, in a homemade top bar hive.
- chickens, 3 of them.
- the beginning of a dwarf fruit tree orchard.
- a guild around the cherry tree.
- an earth oven in a straw bale shelter, a strawbale low wall with welcoming arch up front, and some strawbale benches, shelters and altars all over the property.
- a small pond system that takes rain water runoff and – if we can swing it – some gray water, with frogs and other wildlife.
- a front garden for Bees and People. I will want to host a lot of events – community gardening, lectures, skillshares, poetry reading (and writing), concerts – in that front garden!
- a pottery wheel.
Is that a lot to ask? And is that a silly question to ask because I ask it of myself?
Oh, but life is good.
When told that a friend had gone into the hospital to give birth, Amie asked: “And was it a baby?”
And this is DH’s desk: