Here’s a little post I’ll return to from time to time to add what I’ve put up. There’s already a lot of frozen beans and carrots stashed away, so I’m startedÂ in medias res here.
August 22: sauced Freecycled apples. Result:
- apple sauce: 8 pints
August 24: sauced more Freecycled apples with the tribe (read here). Result:
- apple sauce: 5 pints
August 29-30: canned a lot of peaches, all kinds of recipes (see here). Result:
- peaches in light syrup: 23 pints
- peach pickles: 4 pints
- peach butter: 37 half pints
- peach salsa: 4 half pints
- peach jam: 7 half pints
September 3: canning reported on here. Result:
- summer squash relish: 5 pints
- dilly beans: 2 pints
October 6: 1 bushel McIntosh from Carlson ( blogged here). Result:
- dehydrated 1 peck
- sauced 2 pecks: 14 1/2 pints and 8 pints
October 10:Â Lots of food from our town’s last Farmers Market and the CSA box. Result:
- dilly beans (same recipe as on Sept 3): 5 pints
- zucchini relish (same recipe as summer squash relish, Sept 3, which is delish): 6 pints
October 12-13-14: Abundant apples from Nicewicz Farm, blogged here. Result:
- dehydrated apples: 3 pecks
- applesauce: 9 quarts, 2 pints
October 24: pears fromÂ Â Nicewicz Farm,Â blogged here.Â Result:
- pears in light syrup: 4 quarts, 1 pint
- pear butter: 5 8 oz., 3 pints
found an apple tree today, on town land…. we’re perfecting the picking. It’s a tall tree. I think I’ll make those canned apple slices again, don’t you think I should? :-) And apple sauce, that’s a given.
Can you send me the recipe for dilly beans: D and J loved those ones we got from the share last year.
never mind, I see it’s in the previous post. See how helpful your blog is.
Leave a comment